Peptide Resource Guide
Peptides come in the form of lyophilized (freeze dried) powder. The amount of powder/product is stated in International Units (IU's) or in Milligrams (MG). Melanotan peptides (Melanotan 1, Melanotan 2), PT-141 Bremelanotide, GH Fragment, Ipamorelin, CJC-1295 & GHRPs (GHRP-2, GHRP-6, Hexarelin), HGH, HCG, etc, use Bacteriostatic Water.
Bacteriostatic Water for injection, USP is a sterile, nonpyrogenic preparation of water for injection containing 0.9% of benzyl alcohol added as a bacteriostatic preservative. It is supplied in a multiple-dose container from which repeated withdrawals may be made to dilute or dissolve peptides for injection. The pH is 5.7 (4.5 to 7.0)
Safe Injection Information
- Take an alcohol swab to the stopper of both your peptide vial and the vial of the dilutent.
- Draw your preferred dilutent with a 1cc syringe. Choose an amount that will make measuring the final product.
- 1ml(cc) per 10 IU vial of HGH would mean each 10 tick marks on a U100 slin syringe would equal 1 IU of HGH
- Take the syringe with the dilutent and push it into the vial of lyophilized powder letting the dilutent dissolve the peptide. Many (not all) peptides are sealed with vacuum pressure, be careful.
- After dilutent has been added to the vial, gentling swirl the vial until the lyophilized powder has dissolved and you are left with a clear liquid. The peptide is now reconstructed, ready for measurement and usage.
- Store your now reconstituted research peptides in the refrigerator.
Since you know the amount of IU's/MG's in your vial, we divide this out as follows:
You will need to know the following to be successful: 1ml = 1cc = 100 IU's.
We take our dose from the label of the dry lyophilized powder and we divide that into the amount of dilutent used.
Example: We used 1cc(ml) of water. We have a 10 IU vial of rHGH. From our formula above we know that 1cc = 100 IU's, so we have 100 IU's of water.
- 100 IU / 10 IU = 10
This 10 will perfectly correspond with the markings on a U100 insulin syringe. In our example every 10 mark on our syringe will equal 1 IU of HGH. Want to draw out 2 IU's of GH? Draw out to the 20 mark on the syringe (1/5th of syringe).
|Say you have:||and you add:||The result:|
|1mg Vial||+ 1ml||
|20mg Vial||+ 1ml||
|10iu Vial||+ 1ml||
|5000iu Vial||+ 1ml||
- How much actual product you are dealing with (MG or IU.
- How much water (dilutent) you are using to add to powder.
- Divide the amount of water in units by the amount MG/IU.
- This result will equal the measurement on your U100 syringe per unit.